OUR STRATEGIC GOALS
Informed by theory of change logic in their framing, the Strategic Outcome-orientated Goals of the KZN Department of Arts and Culture until 2020 are as follows:
- Goal 1: Sound corporate governance.
- Goal 2: Socially transformed society through arts, culture and heritage.
- Goal 3: Access to arts, culture and heritage services.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Ensuring an effective policy and internal control environment.
- Improve stakeholder engagements and forge partnerships in support of the DAC mandate.
- Interventions that grow arts, culture and heritage industry in KZN contributing to job creation and poverty alleviation.
- Advance the 2063 Africa Agenda to achieve a socially cohesive society.
- Promote multilingualism and redress past linguistic imbalances.
- Contribute to quality of Education in the Arts, Culture & Heritage (ACH) Sector.
- Provision of museum services to drive the transformation agenda.
- Provision of library and information services that are free, equitable and accessible.
- Provision of archival and records management services for records of national and provincial significance.